COVID-19. It’s literally all we hear in the news. Hence, today I simply want to focus on something fun and easy. Both my posts on supporting your immune systems, mention coconut oil. It’s anti-viral, anti-microbial, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial; and as Sally Fallon points out, “the coronavirus is a lipid-coated virus that pegs out in the presence of medium-chain triglycerides — and coconut oil is our best source of these healthy fats.”.
So, here is a fun and easy recipe using coconut oil. It’s a healthy snack, good for those trying to cut the sugar fix and RESTART approved.
(The RESTART Cookbook, p. 114)
Makes 12 -16 bites
- 16 oz pkg unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Crispy almonds or other nuts (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Blend shredded coconut in a food processor or high-power blender.
- Drizzle in coconut oil while blending until mixture is smooth like warm butter.
- Pour mixture into a glass measuring cup.
- Prep mini muffin tin with liners.
- Place in fridge or freezer until hardened.
- Store in fridge between eating.
- Try adding zest of one lemon and top with a blueberry.
- Add a few cacao nibs in each cup with almond.