Have you been struggling with one or more chronic health issues that you can’t seem to overcome no matter what you do?
Perhaps one of the following?:
IBS, constipation, tinnitus, skin irritations, eczema, fungal infections, seasonal allergies, autoimmune issue, headaches, migraines, high blood pressure, diabetes or other blood sugar issues, chronic fatigue, trouble swallowing, leaky gut, inability to lose weight, reflux, insomnia, anxiety, depression, pelvic floor disorder, neuropathy.
Have you considered your exposure to non-native (aka: manmade) EMF’s, especially at night?
For optimal health we need to reduce stressors and nourish the body.
I talk a lot about nourishing the body, but reducing stressors is equally important.
Electromagnetic Frequencies (or EMFs) are a huge stressor.
Although they’re not toxins, EMFs create a stress response which can be toxic.
Exposure to EMFs is like a physical attack on the body that causes a stress response that leads to inflammation.
And that inflammation has mounting residual effects.
EMF exposure stimulates the cells to create calcium which causes inflammation and oxidative stress.
Oxidative stress is an imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants in your body. It can cause damage to organs and tissues and lead to various diseases.,
Martin Pall, PhD (Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry and Basic Medical Sciences, Washington State University) proved the mechanism of damage that occurs when someone is exposed to EMFs.
He compared people exposed to EMFs that were not on calcium channel blockers with people on calcium channel blockers.
Those not on calcium channel blockers experienced symptoms when exposed to EMFs, while those on calcium channel blockers did not experience symptoms.
He tested on a cellular level what was happening. He could see the calcium going into the cell and the resulting oxidative stress.
Because of the oxidative damage, EMFs can also:
- raise cortisol levels which disrupts melatonin production
- damage mitochondria by causing free radical proliferation, specifically peroxynitrate
- lower dopamine (which causes depression)
- prevent proper detoxification
- cause fatigue
- induce headaches/migraines
- cause infertility
- cause tinnitus, ringing or buzzing in the ears
- increase risk of Alzheimer’s/Parkinson’s
- cause leaky gut AND a leaky blood brain barrier (Dr. Alan Frey, 1960s) ***
***This brain and gut permeability can be a gateway to all chronic disease and inflammation.
The problem is a result of our being disconnected from the natural DC healing voltage that we were made to live in AND the assault on our bodies by the ever increasing non-native Electro Magnetic Frequencies around us.
Our bodies run on direct current (DC).
The neuron signaling in the brain and the heart uses DC voltage and magnetism, as does the communication mechanism between all cells and tissue in the body.
Our mitochondria use DC energy.
Mitochondria are the powerhouses of our cells. They generate 90 percent of the body’s energy, enabling the cells to perform vital functions.
Our best energy comes from physical contact with the earth and exposure to the sun, moon, and stars.
They enable our circadian rhythms to function properly.
Circadian rhythms are the approximate 24-hour patterns our bodies and brains go through, allowing for changes in the body’s physical and mental states, along with mood and behavioral changes.
The most notable circadian rhythms are our sleep/wake cycle, digestion, hormone activity, body temperature, and immune function.
Many inventions have disconnected us from these sources.
One of the first to disconnect us from the earth occurred in 1892 with rubber sole shoes. Perhaps a great invention but with every invention and push toward modernization, there’s a tradeoff.
In this case, the shoes insulated us from the beneficial DC current of the earth.
And then came houses built with subfloors and off the ground; high rise apartments; cars with rubber tires; airplanes…
All of these disconnect us from the earth’s healing powers and disrupt our natural circadian rhythms that depend on DC voltage.
Additionally, in 1888 we started using electricity both Direct Current (DC) and Alternating Current (AC).
But the non-native AC became the choice over DC because it made delivery of electricity to homes much easier than DC.
And our technology has grown and continues to grow ever since:
Wireless technology (1895), artificial light, computers, cell phones… the list seems endless.
According to Bryon Hoyer (founder of Shielded Healing), these are the top five non-natural Electromagnetic Frequencies that we should be concerned about, especially in our homes:
- Wireless Radiation/Radio Frequency/Microwave. AM/FM Radio, mobile phones, cell towers, radar, satellites, neighborhood Wi-Fi; blue tooth, smart devices in the home; SMART meters; 5G mm waves Exposure keeps one in an almost constant sympathetic (fight or flight) state. The wireless frequencies from outside the home are increasing exponentially.
- Electric fields. Your house wiring. Romax wiring in the house (which is almost 99% of American homes) leaks electrical field into the house and causes your body to have a voltage in it. 
- Dirty Electricity. Jumbled harmonic/EMI/RFI frequencies catching a ride on the electrical lines of our power grid (from all the different devices that everyone in the neighborhood has) AND the surface of the earth. Literally, this is dirty power. It’s created by inverters, solar panels, fluorescent lights, certain TVs, battery chargers, almost anything. It raises blood sugar which can be concerning for people with diabetes or other blood sugar issues.
- Magnetic Fields. Motors, power lines, wiring errors, plumbing. Huge power lines generate 31 milligauss; we want 0.3 milligauss at night. You need to be 400-600 yds away from such power lines to be protected.
- Artificial Light. Pulsed, flickering light in unnatural color spectrums. We’re exposed to the wrong colors at the wrong times of the day which disrupts our circadian rhythms. As I talked about in my sunshine blogs, we need the full spectrum of light to function optimally.
Studies being done are not measuring the compounding effects of the myriad of frequencies to which we’re being exposed.
Yet, this is important when we’re trying to heal the body of any type of ailment.
The wires around us (in the ceiling, floors, and walls) stimulate us all night long.
The voltage causes our muscles to contract (a similar concept to restarting the heart). The contraction of the muscles releases magnesium which in turn uses up our calcium.
So, all night long we’re experiencing micro-pulsations on a cellular level.
On top of that we’re exposed to cell phones and other wireless and smart devices, dirty electricity, and magnetic fields during the day and while we are trying to sleep.
Sleep time is of utmost importance. Sleep is our opportunity to heal and restore. It’s much easier to heal when we’re spending eight hours a night in a restorative environment.
This requires reducing EMFs to a minimum.
People see amazing results when they do this.
Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, founder of the GAPS protocol, often recounts how the child patient would not sleep until all the circuits in the house were turned off, but then slept blissfully.
Detoxification is a parasympathetic state (a rest state). At night our bodies go into detox mode and our lymphatic system is activated. Our lymph circulates alongside our blood vessels. It keeps us clean by draining cellular waste products removed from our cells.
Melatonin (one of the most potent anti-oxidants the body makes) floods the brain. It picks up the free radicals, sweeps them out via the spinal fluid out the back of the skull, down into the circulatory system for the liver and kidneys to process and expel.
What happens if we have a 24/7 stress response to the constant bombardment of EMFs – the light of a device, the electric fields, the wireless frequencies, the magnetic fields?
.All of that exposure and stress blocks our melatonin.
When our melatonin is disrupted, there’s not going to be sufficient melatonin to bind to those toxins and flush them out. And the lymphatic system likewise won’t get the signal from the brain to drain.
Hence, our bodies never have the chance to detox, heal, and restore. And we’re stuck with chronic health concerns.
We don’t want this. We want to give our bodies the chance to restore and heal.
But we must first stop injury by reducing the stressors.
There’s a lot you can do to reduce exposure during a 24 hour period to help you do just that.
Start with your sleep environment:
- Turn off your bedroom circuits at night.
- Unplug your Wi-Fi Router at night.
- Make sure tablets and mobile phones are on airplane mode when you are not using them, especially at night. Wire adapters are available for use during the day. See important NOTE regarding airplane mode.
- Use only metal free bed materials. No springs in the mattress, all wooden bed frame, wooden box foundations.
- Move your bed at least a foot away from the wall. This combined with shutting off breakers will improve the electrical body voltage although it likely won’t bring it entirely to a healing level.
- Move your bed so that your bed is not on the other side of the wall from the refrigerator or a breaker box.
- Get blue light blocking glasses or some sort of shielding/protection for your screens (computers, tablets, phones, etc.) if you are going to be using any of these devices in the evening. The light from these devices tell your body it’s daytime. Your body responds by producing hormones needed for daytime activity, not for winding down and preparing for sleep.
If at all possible, get an in home inspection by a professional.
All this EMF stuff will make more sense. You will see how you are living in an unnatural environment. And you’ll be able to map out a plan.
In the meantime, here are some more steps you can take:
- Change out light bulbs for incandescent bulbs. I apologize for not being able to go into detail about the negative effects of LED’s and fluorescent bulbs in this blog. You’ll have to trust me on this. Act quickly. Incandescent bulbs will be phased out in the US by July or August 2023.
- Go back to wired telephones, wired internet via ethernet ports, wired mouse, wired keyboard, wired printer, wired TV.
- Disable the Wi-Fi on your printer.
- Opt out of your smart meter if you can.
- Turn your tablets and mobile phones on airplane mode when you are not using them.
- Cook food on the stove or in the oven rather than the microwave.
- Check with your security company about wireless frequencies used to operate communication and motion sensorsin their systems. Use POE (Power Over Ethernet) Security systems.
- Unplug any and all devices when not in use, but especially at night.
Please note. There is much evidence of the harmful effects of the various non-natural EMF exposures we encounter on a daily basis. This blog is not meant to cover all of that.
I’m simply raising awareness of how they may be affecting your health and providing you with some practical steps to mitigate those effects and perhaps overcome the chronic issues can never seem to conquer.
If you’re feeling distressed or overwhelmed by all this information, book your free 30 minute Discovery Call today so we can discuss your specific concerns and how you can begin implementing my suggestions, including finding a professional.
Results people have found from shielding:
- Buzzing, ringing in the ears goes away.
- Reduction or elimination of thyroid medication
- Night sweats stopped
- No more night terrors in children; children/babies sleep through the night
- Heart racing and arrhythmias reduced from every night to once a month, or gone altogether
- No need for sleep aids like Tylenol PM after decades of use
- Stress related symptoms reduced
- Headaches reduced, better sleep, weight loss, etc.
Remember. You don’t have to do everything at once. Thinking that causes overwhelm, and you won’t do anything.
Start with just one change. 😊
Get that habit established, then pick something else.
I know you want to feel better.
But I also imagine you want to be able get on the floor and play with the grandkids or push them on the swings, write your book, practice the violin, hike with the kids, play pickleball, go to worship on Sundays, enjoy quality time with your friends and family…
That’s the real reason you’re going to delve into the harmful effects of EMF on your health.
So, again, if you need help getting started, book your free 30 minute Discovery Call.
Peace and grace,
 Oxidative stress is an imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants in your body. This can cause damage to organs and tissues and result in various diseases. https://www.healthline.com/health/oxidative-stress#effects
Wise Traditions in Food, Farming and the Healing Arts, Volume 20 Number 3, Fall 2019
 Note: “Airplane mode works very well to reduce wireless signals. However, on some phones the airplane mode will leave the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on. On an iPhone, for instance, it will no longer be a blue color (like it is when those settings are on) but instead will switch to a gray color where it says, ‘not connected.’ In this ‘not connected’ setting the phone is still giving off a signal. You want that icon to turn completely off and go to the black or transparent color. If you need to be available for a text or phone call you can turn your cellular data off and that will reduce the number of times that the phone connects for updates from the tower.” https://shieldedhealing.com/
 https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/the-us-is-phasing-out-incandescent-light-bulbs-180979992/; possible place to buy: https://www.1000bulbs.com/